Character creation video here...
Last Code Update
Last software deployment code update was 27-Jul-2021 15:54GMT (Version 3.x is LIVE )
Current version is 3.21 for details join discord https://discord.gg/Sp8EASB or follow on https://twitter.com/CombatDn or https://www.reddit.com/r/dndcombat/
Original getting started 3 minute video:youtube.com/watch?v=spCPVUNayaY. Version 3.0 quick overview youtube.com/watch?v=HOSZVko3BFM
- a) Click on New Fight page
- b) Pick nbr of characters and their level, click add
- c) Search for monsters, click on the red button to add to monsters side
- d) Click start fight and go to the Simulator page to view results
- e) Join the Discord to ask questions https://discord.gg/Sp8EASB
Our D&D 5th Edition combat simulator provides Dungeon Masters with tools to balance combat between Player Characters and Monsters.
The goal of of the combat simulator is to use AI/Machine Learning with 5e rules to
- a) Help with encounter design demonstrating how battles look over multiple encounters video.
- b) Help creating competitive adventures even on short notice that dont accidentally kill everyone in the first fight.
- c) Managing complex larger scale battles.
- d) Testing and optimizing characters or home brew monsters you could only theory craft about.
The Encounters tab lets you load fights you saved earlier (if you are logged in).
We have more exciting tools and games planned for the future... ! Jump to D&D maps
What does the D&D combat simulator do
- 0. Import your D&DBeyond characters (3 min how to video) or create manually with templates.
- 1. Build a D&D 5th ed. encounter between player characters and monsters.
- 2. Click fight.
- 3. See who won, who wins on average, who might not survive, and just how hard the fight is.
Multiple fights/day. use the Add Another Wave button to build multiple groups of monsters to simulate for example the party fighting one, short rest before fighting the next etc.
Disclaimer Most real players will be smarter than the computer but you can use this to challenge them with close fights.
Some groups are designed more for role playing than battle and so you can make sure that you are not going to accidentally kill them all!
What you do
- Search for PCs. On the New Fight page search by name or class and click on the green icon to add to the PARTY side.
- Search for Monsters. Repeat the search and click the red icon to add to the MONSTERS side.
Note you can add players to the monsters side for PvP or monsters to the players side using the smaller or button
- Start the fight. Click the Execute 25 fights button to generate a sample fight (with a grid) as well as statistics for who is winning or dying on average.
- View the results. Click the Simulator tab to view the results. On the first page you have the %won by players and more information.
Use the scroll bar to go from round to round on the sample fight. The last page has additional statistics
What it did
- Rolled dice. the simulator is rolling random dice to hit and do damage.
- Cast spells. spells or class features are used and the resulting damage or inflicted condition is recorded round to round.
- This is NOT Theatre of the mind. Each creature has coordinates, move speed and the
AI decides on its movement (e.g. dash) each round.
Distance is measured against the range of spells and physical attacks.
A grid is used for area of effect spells
- Prioritized actions. While still a work in progress, the software decides whether to attack, or heal someone or cast a particular spell.
It executes bonus actions and lair actions and legendary actions - whatever is need for the fight.
What you can store
- Compendium. If you register/log in you can save your PCs or create your own home brew monsters.
- Spellbook. Similarly you can create your own spells, feats, features, and magic items to represent your party.
What it is not
- Character Build Assistant. You will need the Players Handbook in order to determine the correct values.
However you CAN create characters, even with UTF support e.g. 龙与地下城
- VTT. If you are looking for some serious virtual table top software check out https://foundryvtt.com/
What is not finished
- Content. You can see the %complete in the menu, still a large number of spells, class features, magic items and monsters to add !
- Functionality. From user interface enhancements to finishing full module back to back fights with levelling up, treasure in between encounters, still lots to do.
What is in store for the future
- Machine learning. The code which picks the best action is very simple but in the future it will be highly competitive.
- Interactive battles. First step is to be able to walk through the simulation step by step so that you can make changes along the way.
Second step is to be able to run the battle online with a friend.
- Upload maps. Being able to upload a map and decide on the starting positions would be great.
- Wargames. Imagine being able to conduct a massive battles with hordes of demons fighting the legions of hell while your players characters are beset on all sides!